Getting started

Introduction

During the first workshop we were introduced to an online sort of “pin-board” called Padlet. I used this to brainstorm any ideas I got when looking into the topics we could choose from.

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 12.40.53

Out of the six topics I ended up focusing on Learning as well as Environment. In my padlet, I pinned down a few examples of digital technology that is already used for educating children. Quite a few were focusing on teaching very young children about coding such as the Cubetto and the Hackaball , and while at looking these as well as the others examples of digital technology made especially for children, I came up with a few rough ideas for what could be my project.

My Ideas:

• A digital VR type game for children.
  •  A virtual AR assistant/app that would mainly be focusing on helping with homework management.
  • An interactive story/game about environmental issues.

I looked into the technology behind the development of VR and AR games/apps and it made me realise that this was way ahead of my skill level, so I choose to focus more on my third idea. I split my research into three main parts:

• Storytelling
  • Environment
  • Childrens Educations

In the upcoming week I will collect information on these three topics to use for my project.